The mission of Karin’s Horse Connection at Legacy Stables is to share our passion for horses and enable anyone who seeks to experience the joy of the human-horse connection. Owned and operated by Wendelin and Karin Schmidt, the facility is located on 28 beautiful acres just 15 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids. We offer horse lovers a full range of equestrian activities in a safe, relaxing and family friendly environment. While we cater to new and inexperienced riders, we serve all ages, skill levels and disciplines. Our highly qualified staff works with over 20 well-trained, gentle horses to provide a wide variety of riding programs, equestrian vaulting and therapeutic programs . We are open year round!!
Our focus is to offer riders a calm, relaxing environment in which to enjoy time with horses. Life is stressful enough, time at the barn should not be. All disciplines are welcome!
Karin’s Horse Connection and Legacy Stables offers a full range of equestrian activities and services including:
• Quality riding lessons (English and Western)
• Young Children KinderPony Program
• Equestrian Vaulting
• Therapeutic Riding
• Guided Riding In Open Terrain
• Birthday Parties and Special Occasions
With over 20 horses we have something for everyone!
We are members of:
• PATH International, Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (formerly NARHA), www.pathintl.org
• AVA, American Vaulting Association, www.americanvaulting.org
• USEF, United States Equestrian Federation, www.usef.org
• CHA, Certificed Horsemanship Association, www.cha-ahse.org